The Carl Orff Foundation was founded by the will of the composer Carl Orff (1895 – 1982). This foundation is a non-profit making public incorporated organization and is situated in Dießen am Ammersee (Dießen on Lake Ammer) in Bavaria, where Carl Orff lived from 1955 up to his death. His residence and “work house” containing his study have been retained here in their original condition.
Since 2014 the Carl Orff Foundation has had its office on the ground floor of the “work house”. Carl Orffs studio is on the first floor.
The purpose of the Carl Orff Foundation is formulated in § 2 of its statute (in the version dated November 12th, 2007):
The foundation preserves the artistic and educational estate of Carl Orff and protects and disseminates his intellectual and artistic legacy.
This purpose is primarily achieved through
The Carl Orff Foundation was established on May 17th, 1984.
The Carl Orff Foundation is owner of the trademark ORFF®.